Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WHOLE FOODS FOR WEIGHTLOSS



If you want to lose weight or simply feel better by eating healthier, consider the source of what you eat. Do most of your foods come out of a box, bag or jar or do they still resemble something that grew? The best diets are ones rich in whole foods and which contain few processed foods.

A whole food is just what it sounds like - a food that you eat whole, just the way nature intended. When foods are processed they are often stripped of nutrients and filled with additives, and so you want to eat things that are as close to their natural state as possible. Fruits and vegetables are perfect examples. You can eat them fresh from the garden, skin and all. Whole grains are healthy because the most nutritious part of the grain is still intact.

GOOD EATING = GOOD CYCLING

Eating a diet rich with fruits, vegetables and whole grains will support the loss of extra pounds while fueling your body during those long rides. The vitamins and minerals in these foods are not only the best for building muscle, but have been shown to protect the body against a variety of chronic diseases including cancer and heart disease.

Start today by adding a fruit or vegetable to every meal. Keep fresh fruit around and out on the table where it is easy to snack on. I always have a bowl of oranges, bananas, apples and grapes on my kitchen table, so if I have the urge to snack I grab a piece of fruit not the fridge!

2 comments:

  1. I love fruit but I have really been pushing myself to eat those veggies (they are not my favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit too... I get sad when I run out.

    ReplyDelete